By Kaori Kay Cheslock, RHNP
Are you a breakfast person?
If you are trying to lose weight (fat), you are most likely watching your caloric intake. You may even have target calories to aim for in a day or week. If you are a breakfast person, you may find yourself having a hard time fitting in a larger dinner or special dessert to finish off the day because it will exceed your intake goals.
For those breakfast aficionados out there, we have a solution for you! It is definitely possible to make a breakfast that you can look forward to when you wake up.
Specifically, we recommend that you focus on protein for breakfast and keep carbs/fat moderate to low in the morning, especially if you don’t know the full extent of those evening plans just yet.
Let’s start the morning strong by having some go-to recipes lined up!
Macros per Serving
Protein: 27 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Sugar: 5 g
Fibre: 1 g
Savory Egg White Omelet
- Spray a medium size pan with avocado oil and preheat it on medium high heat for ~1 minute.
- In a bowl, crack a whole egg, add egg whites and mix well.
- When the pan is ready, add the frozen mixed vegetables and sauté them until cooked through and much of the water has evaporated.
- Add egg mixture in a pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Fold the egg carefully before the surface is fully cooked while making sure the bottom side is fully cooked.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle hot sauce over if desired and enjoy!