Amazing chicken fried rice that is better than takeout, just in time to beat you feeling at a loss for what to serve for dinner!
You just have to try this.
Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 Large skillet or wok
- 1 Spatula
- 2 tbsp green onion (chopped, optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, add canola oil and soy sauce. Add in the chicken and cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in the pan and add white onion and peas & carrots. Fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas & carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour additional soy sauce on top to taste. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and well combined.
- When serving, add chopped green onions if desired.
Calories: 249kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 17gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!