Valentine’s Day is almost here! And that means it’s time to spoil your loved ones with the sweeter things in life. But are you debating how to do so while keeping in line with your intake goals? Enter these mouth watering treats…
With a hefty dose of protein, fibre, vitamin packed whole grains, and a touch of decadent dark chocolate, this delicious eat makes indulging a nutritious affair. And as I don’t imagine that there will be a shortage of treats available this week, including this recipe in your diet will give you a nutritious (and delicious) option to enjoy.
Highlights of making this recipe:
- Your food processor or blender does most of the work for you in this recipe and clean-up is quick and easy – the majority of the dishes created while preparing this recipe can be washed while the protein bites are setting.
- Requiring only 5 straight-forward steps, this recipe is a breeze to whip up – if you plan to make it on your meal prep day, I recommend making this recipe first and tossing the bites in the freezer, so you can move on to your other prep tasks while they set.
- As this recipe contains no raw eggs, your kids can clean out that bowl without reservation once your bites are in the freezer.
- After these protein bites have set in the freezer, they will happily store there in an air tight container for ~3 months… though I don’t imagine they’ll be around that long.
- These chocolatey bites are ready to eat un under 60 minutes. Enough said.
This would be a great nourishing eat to share at work or send off/bring to school this Valentine’s Day as well! Let’s spread the health one eat at a time.
Macros per Bite
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Sugar: 2 g
Fibre: 1 g