It’s definitely getting brisker out there!
And this cooler fall weather means it’s time to break out the warm soups and stews.
Get your loved ones involved as you throw together this easy one pot soup.
With the change in seasons, let’s take the opportunity to start adding in some favourites hearty soup and chili recipes into your our weekly meal plan.
Chilis, soups, and stews are a great way to “clean out the fridge”, and are versatile enough to add in whatever proteins, vegetables, and spices you might have on hand.
Making these types of dishes is also great for a crockpot or instant-pot, where you can literally throw everything in and leave it to cook on its own. Chilis and soups are filling and satisfying, especially on cooler days. The combination of ingredients offers a hearty balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats in every delicious spoonful.
For football season, a fall-favorite dish, or an easy weeknight meal, this simple recipe is guaranteed to fit the bill and be a crowd-pleaser.
Cue infinity scarves and pumpkin everything!
Enjoy this cozy season everyone.
Black Bean Soup
- 1 Large pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- dash cayenne as desired
- 1-2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 6 cups cooked black beans
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add in the veggies (onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic), along with one teaspoon of sea salt.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Add in the spices, beans, and water.
- Bring everything to a low boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar & cilantro and cook for a few more minutes to combine flavours.
- Season to taste and serve with toppings of your choice.